Sunday, February 3, 2013

Pasta with Pesto Sauce


I grilled up some sausage tonight and couldn't think of what I wanted to make as a side dish. So I made some pasta with pesto sauce. I made extra of the sauce and froze it so I have it for another night.

  • 2 cups fresh basil leaves
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1/4 cup pine nuts
  • 2/3 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 cup fresh pecarino cheese grated
  • salt and pepper to tast
  1. Combine the basil, garlic and pine nuts in a food processor. Pulse until coarsly chopped
  2. Add 1/2 cup olive oil and process till smooth and combined.
  3. Season with salt and pepper
  4. Add the remaining oil and pulse till smooth.
  5. Transfer to serving bowl and stir in cheese.
  6. If you make extra and freeze like I did, skip steps 4 and 5, freeze after step 3. You can store it about 3 months in the freezer. When you thaw to use you then stir in cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment