Thursday, February 28, 2013

Lemon Risotto


I love Risotto, I got this recipe from my Rachael Ray Look and Cook Cookbook. I love trying different flavors with my risotto and this went perfect with the chicken dish I made with it (recipe posted tomorrow)

  • 1 qt chicken stock
  • 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves grated
  • 1 cup arborio rice
  • zest and juice of 1 lg lemon
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 1/2 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
  • 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
  • handful of shredded basil leaves
  1. Heat the stock so it's warm
  2. In large pot heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
  3. Add the garlic and saute about 2-3 minutes
  4. Stir in the rice and zest of the lemon, heat for 1-2 minutes and then stir in wine
  5. Cook till wine is evaporated
  6. Add the stock a few ladles at a time. Stir on and off and add more stock as the pan starts to become dry around the edges
  7. When rice is cooked to al dente and liquid is mostly evaporated season with salt and pepper, stir in butter, lemon juice, cheese and herbs.
  8. Serve and enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment