Saturday, February 16, 2013

N.Y.C. Favorite Places for Dessert

Since I get asked often what my favorite places are for dessert in the city I figured I'd share it on my blog so it would be easy for me to refer back to. I love checking out new places in the city and discovering new favorites.

1. Prohibition Bakery - This bakery mixes two of my favorites - alcohol and cupcakes. They have such wonderful varieties and I've picked up some from here to take to parties and they've always been a hit. My favorites are the Pretzels & Beer and the White Russian. They also have non alcoholic cupcakes that are really good.

2. Baked - This one is located in Brooklyn. Definitely grab a coffee here while you get your baked goods. Wish this one was closer to me because everything I've tried I've loved. They now have mixes of some of their items at Williams Sonoma, but nothing beats getting this in person. They also have  a few cookbooks out that share their amazing recipes. If you stop here you definetely need to get a brownie, the sweet and salty is my favorite. The banana and red velvet whoopie pies are amazing and worth a try. The apple pie and sweet and salty tart are also big hits. I don't think you could go wrong with whatever you pick here.

3. La Maison du Macaron - amazing french macarons, my favorite flavors are Vanilla, Champagne and Caramel. If you are a fan of these cookies, or even't if you haven't had them ever and you are in the neighborhood check this place out.

4. Mo Gelato - this place is located in Little Italy and as you can tell by the name they specialize in Gelato. The coffee and mint flavors are my favorite

5. Junior's - you have to try their famous cheesecake, Red Velvet, Black Forest and plain are my favorites. When we have company visiting from out of state we try to pick up one of their amazing cheesecakes for the house.

6. Jacques Torres - amazing chocolate, if you come in the cold weather you need to get a hot chocolate here. They have a few locations in the city and would be great to pick up some chocolate here to take home. Pick up a few chocolate chip cookies here and some truffles. I love picking up holiday chocolates and lollipops here.

7. Wafels and Dinges - this one is a food truck, discovered them thanks to Bobby Flay who did a throwdown with them. The throwdown one is my favorite with the spekuloos spread. If you are looking for savory they also have a pulled pork waffle that's wonderful.

8. Doughnut Plant - So many amazing flavors here you can't go wrong. Pick up some coffee while you get your donut.

No comments:

Post a Comment