I love baking and go all out for Christmas, this year I broke it up into batches which made it much easier. I did 1-2 days of baking for work and our neighbors and a week later did 1-2 days of baking for family and friends.
Sunday, June 16, 2013
I was so glad I got to participate in an online scrapbook crop to raise money for those in Oklahoma affected by the Tornadoes. Some amazing scrapbook companies donated prizes and wonderful women gave of their time coming up with challenges for us to work on. Here are some of my layouts and a card for the challenges. Will be sharing more this week once I get more done.
Wednesday, June 12, 2013
This was a great tart, and a nice summer dessert. I put less of the sauce on this then the recipe states, but was still delicious. Love strawberries and now they have some beautiful ones in our area since we are in season for them. Here's the link to the recipe:
Tuesday, June 11, 2013
It's that time of year, the weather warms up and it's the perfect time for some ice cream. I pinned this recipe a few months ago and am so glad I did. I finally made it and it was delicious. So quick and easy to make. Here's the link to the recipe:
Monday, June 10, 2013
I've tried many different macaroni salads over the years and this one has been the winner. I like it because you can customize it easily to match to the tastes you like. I didn't add carrots this time, but I have in the past and they were a great mix in. I added white onions this time since the red ones didn't look good at the market, I don't like my macaroni salad with a ton of mayo, but you can add more if you like.
- 1 box elbow macaroni
- 1 cup mayo (I don't measure this out, I add a little at a time and mix it till it's matching the amount I like)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 lg onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- Cook macaroni, rinse under cold water and drain well.
- Add macaroni to large bowl, top with vinegar and sugar, stir well. Add pepper and salt. Add mayo, stir well and add pepper and onion.
- This is best sitting in the fridge over night. When I take out the next day I stir quick and do a quick taste test and adjust the mayo or seasoning if needed. If you didn't drain the pasta well, there may be some liquid on bottom of the bowl so drain that quick also before serving.
Friday, June 7, 2013
Since the weather was crappy today I got some scrapping done this afternoon.
Princess getting her tan and nap on at the same time. The arrows are a stamp I've had for a long time.
Thursday, June 6, 2013
Found this recipe on pinterest and was delicious. I love corn on the grill and this was the perfect seasoning for it. You should definitely try it this summer when you grill. Here's the link to this recipe
Wednesday, June 5, 2013
I had a little time to scrap this afternoon so I did a few layouts. Trying to do as much as I can before our next trip.
Love Princess in her Christmas hat I bought on Etsy for her. This was one of the pictures I took while working on our photo christmas card.