Friday, January 25, 2013

Rice Krispy Treats


I must be one of the few people who've never made Rice Krispy Treats before. We are having a birthday party at work and the birthday girl requested that I make them. I tried using a cupcake cookie cutter and you couldn't tell it was a cupcake so I switched to the heart cutter. These would be perfect for Valentines Day. I melted white chocolate and colored it pink and swirled on top.I'm glad to say them came out great and I will be making them again in the future.

  • 3 tbsp butter
  • 6 cups marshmallows
  • pink food coloring
  • white chocolate
  • 9 cups rice krispy cereal
  • cookie cutter
  1. Prepare baking sheet by spraying with cooking spray
  2. Melt the butter over low heat
  3. Carefully stir in marshmallows, keep stirring till they melt.
  4. Remove from heat and stir in cereal.
  5. Spoon on the baking sheet and spread out so the mixture is even throughout the baking sheet
  6. Cut into squares or use cookie cutter to cut out shapes
  7. Melt white chocolate and add food coloring to desired color.
  8. Swirl over rice krispy treats


No comments:

Post a Comment