This recipe will make you 2 dozen cupcakes. Got the inspiration for this from Brown Eyed Baker
For the Cupcakes:
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup + 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup sour cream
For the Frosting:
- 1 cup room temp butter
- 8 oz cream temp at room temp
- 1/2 cup caramel
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 and line cupcake tins with your favorite liners
- In small bowl combine cocoa powder and hot water, stir until smooth and combined and keep to the side.
- In your mixer combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until completely mixed.
- Combine butter and sugar in a medium pan over medium heat. Cook while stirring occasionally. Cook till butter is completely melted and mixture is combined. Let cool for about 2 minutes and transfer into mixer. Stir to combine in mixer with flour.
- Add eggs and vanilla
- Stir in cocoa powder mixture and beat till smooth. Add sour cream and mix till everything is combined.
- Pour batter into cupcake liners and bake 18-20 minutes.
- Let cool before icing
- To make frosting beat butter and cream cheese till combined.
- Pour in caramel and beat till combined.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar, while mixer is going on low. Once all is added, increase mixer speed and beat till combined.
- Pipe on each cupcake and add sprinkles or decos of your choice.