Monday, May 27, 2013

Patriotic Cupcakes



Since Memorial Day is my holiday to work I try to make a dessert to bring in for my employees. I made the toppers awhile ago and when I found a new icing to try on pinterest I decided to give this a try. I got the cupcake liners from my favorite baking shop - Bake it Pretty. For these make your favorite white cake recipe or even pick up a box of white cake mix. Once the cake is prepared divide the batter evenly in three bowls. Color one red, the other blue and leave one plain. I put the red on the bottom of each liner, white on top and blue on top of all. Took a knife and gave them a swirl before putting in the oven to back. Once they're cool get ready for the easiest icing recipe ever.

For the icing mix vanilla instant pudding mix with half the amount of milk the package asks for, once that mixture thickens a little add to one tub of cool whip, stir and pipe or spread them on your cupcakes. I decorated with sprinkles and my pinwheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment