Sunday, March 10, 2013

Favorite Long Island Places

I've lived on Long Island almost all my life and I love living here. Missed it so much those two years we lived in Vegas. I love acting like a "tourist" sometimes in my own area. So here are so must sees if you are visiting my lovely area

1. Long Island Aquarium - located in Riverhead so you can stop at the Outlets and do some shopping while in the area and if it's summer you can visit the waterpark and cool off. Since I'm a big animal lover, it's no surprise this is at the top of my list of places to visit.

2. Wineries - We have some amazing wineries here on Long Island. Definitely worth to visit one or two of them if you're in the area. You can also check out the wonderful farm stands located on the east end of Long Island while visiting the wineries. Some of my favorites are : Lenz Winery, Jamesport Vineyards, Pindar and Duckwalk.

3.  Montauk Lighthouse - Montauk is beautiful, you can get a hotel on the beach, shop in cute little shops and tour the lighthouse.

4. The Sunken Forest - Perfect quiet place to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. This is a beautiful nature preserve that if you love the outdoors you really need to check out.

5. Gilgo Beach - Awesome beach bar and beach, perfect spot to relax

6. Fire Island - Visit the lighthouse, the beautiful beaches, perfect spot to spend the day by taking the ferry here. Tons of fun restaurants and bars, can't go wrong on a beautiful warm day.

7. Farms and farmstands - I love going to get fresh fruits and vegetables and some farms let you pick your own fruits and veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment