Monday, June 10, 2013

Macaroni Salad



I've tried many different macaroni salads over the years and this one has been the winner. I like it because you can customize it easily to match to the tastes you like. I didn't add carrots this time, but I have in the past and they were a great mix in. I added white onions this time since the red ones didn't look good at the market, I don't like my macaroni salad with a ton of mayo, but you can add more if you like.

  • 1 box elbow macaroni
  • 1 cup mayo (I don't measure this out, I add a little at a time and mix it till it's matching the amount I like)
  • 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  •  1 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 1 lg onion, chopped
  • 1 green pepper, chopped
  1. Cook macaroni, rinse under cold water and drain well.
  2. Add macaroni to large bowl, top with vinegar and sugar, stir well. Add pepper and salt. Add mayo, stir well and add pepper and onion.
  3. This is best sitting in the fridge over night. When I take out the next day I stir quick and do a quick taste test and adjust the mayo or seasoning if needed. If you didn't drain the pasta well, there may be some liquid on bottom of the bowl so drain that quick also before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment