Sunday, July 22, 2012

Veal Marsala


Wanted to do something different for dinner so when we were at the market and I saw these thin veal cutlets I decided to make one of my favorites - Chicken Marsala and substitute Veal. Made some thin spaghetti to go along and was a great dinner.

  • flour (for dredging veal)
  • salt and pepper
  • 3 tbsp unsalted butter
  • 2-4 tbsp olive oil
  • 3 garlic cloves smashed up
  • 8oz mushrooms, sliced up
  • 1/2 cup marsala wine
  • 1/2 cup red wine
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • Cornstarch to thicken sauce (I didn't measure this, usually I just mix some with some water to thicken up sauce)

While I was making this and realized I needed a little more sauce for the pasta I added a little more red wine and marsala wine. This sauce is really easy to customize and increase, I got the original recipe from Food Network and have been making it so long I don't measure anymore and it still turns out great.



  1. Season each side of the veal chop with salt and pepper and dredge in flour on both sides.
  2. Heat up your saute pan with olive oil (I used a mushroom infused olive oil, but plain will also be great)
  3. Cook veal about 2 minutes on each side and when done transfer to plate and set aside.
  4. Add more oil to pan if needed and add in garlic. Saute about 1 minute.
  5. Add sliced mushrooms and saute about 3 minutes.
  6. Add marsala, red wine and broth. Simmer about 4 minutes and add cornstarch if need the broth thickened.
  7. I set up our plates and poured the sauce and mushooms over the veal and added the remaining sauce and mushrooms to thin spaghetti.


No comments:

Post a Comment