- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease the bottom/sides of a 9 by 5 loaf pan.
- Toast walnuts in the oven for about 10 minutes
- Whisk the flour, sugar and baking soda together in a large bowl. Set aside
- Mix the mashed bananas, milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla with a wooden spoon in a medium bowl. Lightly fold the banana mixture into the dry ingredients with a rubber spatula until just combined. Fold in the nuts and chocolate. The batter should look thick and chunky. Scrape into the loaf pan.
- Bake for about 60 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean. I cooled for about an hour then served.
Friday, July 8, 2011
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
http://sugarcooking.blogspot.com/ and changed it up a little.
2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup of sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
4 lg bananas mashed ( I kept on counter for a few days before using)
1/3 cup milk
2 large eggs, beaten lightly
1 stick salted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped coarse and toasted in oven
1/2 cup chocolate chips